Our little Stinkers

Our little Stinkers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Noah and the Penny


Who knew that a penny would cause so much trouble!! Robbie and Noah were outside working on the lawn mower, Camren was asleep inside. I was working on getting the house clean and trying to help Raelee feel better. She had been really, really cranky. I heard Noah crying and went out to see what the problem was. Looked at Robbie and he said that he had swallowed a penny!!! OH GREAT!! I admit it that was my first thought. We called my dad, he told us to call the Dr. see what they said. Okay so we did, they said they could do and x-ray to see where it was just to make sure it wasn't going to do any damage. So Robbie and I talked, okay we decided to make sure it wasn't anywhere that would hurt Noah. As you can see it was. Stuck in his esophagus!!! Lucky us, the Dr. called over to the E.R. and then told me that they were expecting us.

To bad the picture isn't better, you could actually see Lincoln!! We got to keep the x-ray for a night we just took it back this morning.


This is Noah in the cool room, they got him all ready to go back to the O.R. for his procedure. He had sticker's on his chest and an I.V. which he did so good when he got it. It was even in his hand, and he didn't hardly move. This was before he got to strip down to his nothings and get in a gown. Robbie and I got to go back with him, for just a few min. They took him to the O.R. and we had to go wait. We have never waited for what felt like felt like hours. They had to put him all the way under!! That was a little scary for mom and dad, he was a bit scared too. He did so well. After what felt like forever, the Dr. came out with penny in hand, well jar.

Here it is, sorry the picture isn't so great....the penny that Noah decided to eat!! This is the most expensive penny that we own!! After he woke up they took him upstairs (we got to go this time). He had to stay for about an hour. Make sure he could keep something down, chocolate milk was his choice. Then he had to go the bathroom. After he did both those things we got to leave!!!! Noah was such a good little boy, and the nice nurse gave him a blanket to take home. He thought that was really cool, we also told him that is the most expensive blanket that we own!!! So be nice to it!!
Here is Noah at home with penny in hand, not in mouth. In his cool hat and the pink mask he used. It had flavor as Noah called it, we asked him what flavor and it was orange. Pretty cool!!! He also had on his two bracelets, one to tell them who he is and one to tell them he has an allergy, not what kind...they kept asking us that one. I am okay with that, at least they know!! So that was our Friday night. It was long and we were so glad to finally get home. I am so glad my parents are so close. They helped us out and took Camren and Raelee. I felt really bad because like I said Raelee was really cranky!!! Thanks again to them, they even took Camren out to eat. Well kind of they went out to get it, they ate it at home. It was like 11 p.m. when we got home. We got to the hospital at 7:30 p.m. like I said it was a long night. We are just glad that he didn't choke, and that the penny didn't move until they got it out. So the moral, Noah isn't allowed to have money ever again!!! It goes right to mom or dad and then right in the piggy!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

wow! What an adventure, hu? Sorry you had to go through it all. I remember when Jackson had his surgery...letting the dr take him away, the waiting, watching him try to wake up. It is definitely hard, but at least Jackson was too little to know what was happening. Hopefully you guys will have some calm time for a bit now!