Our little Stinkers

Our little Stinkers

Monday, February 3, 2014

Camren's Adventure

Well the 21st of December started and adventure that for Camren wasn't all that fun!!
We were getting ready to leave and deliver our little gifts to the neighbors.  Robbie and I were in and out of the house and the kids were waiting to get into the truck.  Camren decided to start climbing on the basketball hoop, in snow boots in the snow.  It was slippery, really slippery!  He slipped, and went face first into the big pole.  He knocked out his front tooth, and I mean all the way root and all.  He was screaming and crying and I admit it I was freaking out a bit.  We needed to find his tooth.  I was yelling for Robbie to get me a flash light, at the same time trying to help Camren out.  He looked at me and told me to call the dentist and he would find the tooth.  Which took some doing, it was dark and the tooth was IN THE SNOW!!  So that is what I did, had Camren come in and start rinsing his mouth out and I called.  We were able to get the dentist and within 15 min. he was at his office helping us with the task at hand.  Getting Camren's tooth back in his head.  Lucky for Camren he did that within like 45 min.  He had to put some temporary braces on so that the tooth wouldn't fall out. On top of him knocking it out, he also chipped the tooth.  So it has been a fun adventure for sure.  Now I am going to put some of the pictures we took.  They aren't bad, they do make you hurt just looking at them just so you know.


 Not the best picture, this is what he looked like with no tooth.  It was not a fun night.  I am just grateful that with the help of THREE dentist his tooth was saved.  Yup that's right three.  Dr. Chamberlin put his tooth back in, Dr. Condie looked at it the Friday after he did it and hooked us up with Dr. Creer who did the root canal.  Dr. Condie also put the final filling in and fixed the chip in his tooth.


The next day, he got it really good.  If you look close you can see the temporary braces.  He also broke the bone in his face that holds on to his tooth.  On the up side when they put it back in it was much straighter than it was!!


This was almost a week later.  He had a nice shiner, all the way from his lip to his eye.   


His poor face was swollen quite a bit.  The bruise isn't even showing yet in this one.  He did a good job on his face.


All I can think of is OWE!!  Luck for us the 31st of Jan was the very last dentist apt.  He got his temporary braces off on the 28th and that was three weeks before I was expecting them to be.  Now we just have to wait for the next fun adventure!!

No comments: