Our little Stinkers

Our little Stinkers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Little Wild Horse Canyon


After Goblin Valley, we headed to Little Wild Horse Canyon. It is just outside the park a little bit. We sat in the parking lot and ate some lunch and then we headed out. At first you are just walking up this wash, cool trees and easy going. Then comes the hard part...really I should have taken a picture of that!! The boys my mom and I made it up. My dad Robbie, the dog and Rae took a while to find a way to get the dog up. We had turned around and where going to come back and get them, there they where!! We got to go up the canyon a lot further. It was really, really neat and I was so glad that we did. There was so much to look at, the hike was really fun. Next to hiking the Narrows in Zion, I loved this hike. We didn't even get to finish it all the way and I loved it!! The boys would have loved to have finished it as well. By the time we got to our turn around point, the wind was blowing and it was chilly. Rae was not doing good at all, she was starting to feel really warm and just not acting all that great. My Mom, Dad, Robbie and I would take turns carrying her. At the end she feel asleep on my Dad's shoulder and he carried her the rest of the way down. We got her in the car and then she started to throw up. I was then again grateful for my Heavenly Father.
Robbie and my dad gave her a blessing on Saturday afternoon and she started to eat and drink and keep it down. I just wish we would have thought of that sooner. Still I was so grateful. We had a wonderful time and I really can't wait to go back. Who knows we might just do that every spring break from now on. Only next time, we will hike longer and make sure everyone stays hydrated!!

Now on with the Pictures...I know sorry that was long...just wait there are a lot of pictures too!!!


This tree was in the wash. It was one of a few that we thought were just really cool.

This was after you had to do a little climbing. Like I said this canyon is amazing.

Camren hanging out on the side of the canyon. He kept telling me he didn't want his picture taken anymore.

This is where we turned around the fist time. We went a back down the canyon just a little bit and there were my Dad, Robbie, Rae and the dog. Then we got to go back up!!

Noah stuffed himself in that little hole!!

Camren and Noah both loved playing with the sand. We had to keep telling them not to pick it up and let it fall when the wind was blowing. We ended up with sand in a lot of places!!

Sitting in the chairs that nature has provided.

Noah just being Noah!!

A place to sit and get their picture taken. They are getting too big too fast!!

Noah was trying to scare us. Can you tell??

Rae getting M&M's from my mom. That was all she would eat. She started to drink water this hike. It was just too late, poor girl. I can truly say I am so glad she was feeling better so fast.

We went up just a little bit more than this. You really did have to start walking on the side of the canyon walls. It was an amazing view and I am so bless to live so close to places like this. I kept telling the boys isn't this cool?? Heavenly Father and Jesus made this for us to enjoy. I really do feel blessed to be able to take the boys to places like this.

Time to turn around....

Just amazing...the pictures don't do it justice!!

Just another cool shot...we had a blast and I keep telling Robbie I want to go back. I want to someday finish this hike!!

2 comments:

The Durst Family said...

looks like so much fun. I went to Goblin Valley as a child and i loved it. what a fun vacation!

J and M said...

how fun! mist, you look amazing! you look so great!! your kids are SO cute!!