We went to Goblin Valley the few last days of spring break. We stayed in Green River Ut. at the Green River State Park camp ground. It was really nice and not that far from things in town that we ended up needing. That part I really liked!! So we got down there Thursday evening and set up camp. Went out to eat that night, that is always a treat!!
Friday morning we set out to Goblin Valley.
My kids had such a good time. They could climb on anything they wanted to and just explore. As long as they stayed close, I had never been there and this park is BIG!! My dad had a GPS with him and he later told us that we went about a mile. The impressive part about that mile is that Raelee did that all on her own. She didn't want to be carried she wanted to walk. It did take her quite a while to decide that she was going to be adventurous. When she was ready she would go a little higher on the rocks and had a lot of fun. The only bad thing...she didn't drink. It wasn't the warmest day and it was overcast, so we didn't push the drinking. We should have by the end of the day she was in really bad shape, we all took turns carrying her down the other canyon we hiked. I promise that will get it's own post. It was my favorite hike!!! I want to do it again!!! Now on with some of my favorite pictures.... of which there are many!!
The first set of Goblins that they climbed up.

As you can tell not the warmest day, really fun though. It was actually really perfect for hiking. That is until the wind would blow, then it was chilly!!

Camren did awesome!! All the kids did, he didn't complain once. He did GREAT!!

Noah had a fun time. He wanted to stop like every five min. to eat some trail mix. We finally just told him to hold his little bag and keep eating while we walked along. He was great after that!! He would wonder off and we would have to keep reminding him to stay close and keep a buddy with him. He was having the time of his life exploring!!


Camren got stuck a few times. Had to be careful with how little the spaces were. Some they could fit in, we adults couldn't!!
Rae loves my parents!! She would go from one hand to another all day.
Starting to be adventurous!! My mom went around to the other side and waited for her. Of course she got a jelly bean when she came out the other side!!
See I did it!!
Coco got to come this trip but we didn't think Nigel would do good so he stayed home. Robbie would climb everywhere the boys wanted to go. So would Coco, she is such a good dog!!
This doesn't look that high...it was!! Getting up was just fine. When you have rolled your ankle the night before a little tricky getting down!! I did just fine though and I thank my Heavenly Father for helping it not be so bad. I didn't think I was going to be able to hike at 2 that morning it hurt so bad. I was fine and we had a great day!!
We were a long way out. You can see the cars way in the back!! The parking lot was full, we hardly saw a person. I really want to go back here soon!!
The sand dune they climbed, that was really high too. I didn't climb this one, just took some pictures from below!! Then we headed to little wild horse canyon. That was amazing!!! I really want to finish that hike some day. Next time we will just make sure that everyone drinks enough water so the hike back down isn't so hurried. We were just trying to get Rae down and out of the canyon...she started to get really sick. She drank and drank on that hike, it was very much too late by then. A post for Little Wild Horse Canyon will be coming soon. I have way too many pictures to choose from. I took like 223 in one day. They are all fun and how do you choose??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment