It has been a crazy last few weeks. We went for a hike/walk in the snow up the canyon on the 29th of last month. We had a blast, the kids had fun the dog had fun and it got us out of the house for more than an hour!! The air was clean too, so that was a bonus. We had so much fun that we called my parents later that day and asked if they wanted to come later that afternoon. They did and again we had a ton of fun. This time we brought sleds and pulled the boys and Rae. They had a great time, we didn't get far and that was okay. Rae was getting cold so we turned around just before that cattle guard. It was still a really good walk, both times and it was nice to get out with family. We went to my mom's after and had soup, it was so yummy.
We have such a good dog. She stayed right by us the whole time. If the boys would go ahead she would go with them. This is one of my favorite pictures of the day!!
They really did have a good time, can you tell??!!
All she wanted to do was walk!! She really didn't want to be held anymore. Once we let her walk she was happy and just jabbered. Pick her up and she would scream!!
(notice the crusty nose? She was starting to be sick I just didn't know it.)
That is when the fun started!! Raelee had a fever all night Saturday, all day Sunday. When I took it in the early morning hours on Monday it was 103.3. I took her to the Dr. on Monday morning and she had a piece of wax blocking the tub in her ear. She had a really, really bad ear infection. So we started the antibiotics, I HATE THEM!! So does she!! I like that they help her get better, come on the diaper rash and screaming that comes with it not so much. By Thursday she still wasn't what I though was "better" I took her back in on Thursday morning. After talking with the Dr. and two chest x-rays later. She got a shot of antibiotics in her leg, she really didn't like that. It has been almost a week and she is really starting to be herself again!! I love the laugh and smiles. She still is having trouble with diaper rash and everything she eats just going straight through her. We have an appointment with the ENT on Monday. They are going to take care of the wax in her ear and make sure everything looks okay. Until then I am praying that we don't end right back were we started before Monday.
This is Rae's little couch. She likes to lay down or sit up while watching movies. This is a picture I took the other day of her glued to the t.v.
Raelee loves to watch movie's I know kind of scary. It can be a good thing some days though when I want to get some cleaning done. It keeps her occupied long enough for me to get more than one thing done. She is talking more and more. The other day I was telling the dogs to go to their kennels and she said kennel. She started to say boo to scare you, it doesn't scare you because she is just too cute. Any animal she sees is "Coco" She was calling my mom's cats Coco yesterday. She loves her Coco. She is walking really well now, and getting into more things as a result!! The garbage, dog food, Robbie's socks, pretty much anything she can get her hands on!
Noah is doing great. He loves Pre-School and loves to tell me what he did in class on Tues. and Thurs. He has been wanting to talk on the phone more and more. Anyone who calls he wants to say hi. Which some days is fine others not so much. He has also been playing by himself outside without complaint!! Camren won't want to go out and he will just go by himself!! I guess you could call him the easy one right now. He doesn't get in much trouble (when he is by himself). Only now and then does he tell me I am not fun and mean!! I must be doing my job.

Camren is doing better!!! He went from 19% of his speech stuttered (which is a lot for a kid his age.) Now he is stuttering about one word in a hundred. The speech therapist and I have about decided that it is emotional and anxiety that triggers it. He had a bully really bothering him at school. He talked to the councilor at school and we found out a few interesting things. I learned what I have always known.....GIRLS ARE MEAN!!! Camren was being bullied by a girl and it was really making him upset. I think things are now taken care of in that aspect. They better be or this MOMMA LION will not just stand by and let the school take care of it next time!! He is doing good with all his other school work. His reading is so much better than it was, I am so glad for that help he had. Right at this moment he is eating lunch at school with my dad!! He was so excited Bombie would come and do that for him.
On a fun note, both the boys and Robbie are going to start simple Karate lessons this Saturday. I will have to have Robbie take pictures. The best part is we don't have to pay anything!! One of the guys Robbie works with is an instructor and has the set up at his house. I am excited and nervous just because they are boys and I am praying they don't try what they learn on each other!! Yeah I know I am dreaming!! I just hope it helps with Camren's self confidence and I am also hoping it will help with controlling his temper.
2 comments:
Good update.
I like the pictures, especially the over the shoulder shot. I might try to lighten the shadows just a bit, so we can see that marvelous face, crusties and all, a bit better.
What is behind Camren and Raelee in the sled picture? I can't figure it out and I was there for that one.
I like the one of Robbie, the boys and Coco, too. Because I know she has them on, I can even see her boots!
I think that it is someone's leg, with boot on. Thanks for the comment mom, means a lot.
Post a Comment