Our little Stinkers

Our little Stinkers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And then there were Stitches.....

(You can see the little red spot on his chin. That is where the tooth tried to come all the way through. He has a bruse on the outside of his chin now. It is a bit on the swollen side as well. The joys of Noah.)

Well as if a broken bone wasn't enough for Noah he must have said to himself I need some stitches!!! He was riding his bike last night and fell off, onto our picnic table. Yup, Robbie walked in with him and all I asked was what did he do this time!! I think there are no surprises now. I looked in his mouth and well he really did it. I didn't notice the hole, (yup there was a hole), until today when we went to the dentist. So what I did notice was the piece of his gum that was just flapping there. It was by his bottom left canine, somehow he just ripped it right off the front. So I called the dentist this morning and we got him in. They cut the piece of gum off and then he got two stitches to close the hole. His tooth had gone all the way through. The hole had closed up most of the way by itself, it must have been really big last night. It is in a really hard to see place and you have to pull his hole lip out to get to it!! It was really sore, and he didn't want us to pull it to far out. He does have a spot on the outside of his chin where his tooth came through. All I can say is that he is a trooper.

Noah did a great job at the dentist. He didn't even cry when they were numbing him all up. I told him he needed to be brave and boy was he ever. I have tried to take pictures and well they just didn't turn out. Right now he looks like he has something stuck in his down by his chin. I have the feeling that this is going to be a really, really long year!!

1 comment:

The Durst Family said...

seriously crazy! Noah looks so much like Camren that the first picture I thought "at least it wasn't poor Noah again" but sad for him I was wrong :(